We use all kinds of apps and reward programs to earn a little extra cash (or gift cards). If you are not using programs like this, you are missing out on the EASIEST way to score some extra savings. Here is a roundup of some of our favorite ways we save money:
Before you shop, you select the offers that you want. After your shopping trip, you upload your receipt for processing OR simply link your local grocery store’s loyalty card with the app. You can choose for your cash to be deposited in your bank account, Paypal, or donated to a charity of your choice. What I like about SavingStar is that they usually have a “healthy offer of the week” where they list savings on produce. Coupons on produce are hard to come by, so its a great weekly score.
Is similar to Savingstar.You select products that you plan to purchase and upload your receipt after you purchase them. You usually get paid out in the form of a check after you have earned $20.
SurveyMini uses your location to find surveys from stores that you have frequented. It asks you some basic questions about your shopping trip and rewards you with points. Once you have earned enough points, you can cash out for giftcards. Some stores also offer you free drinks or entrees for completing the survey. Thats a win in my book!
**Update 7/20/17: IBOTTA is even easier to use than before!
Basically, it works in three ways:
- You submit a receipt using their app after you purchase a qualifying product
- You link a grocery store loyalty account
- In App purchases
Submit a receipt:
- Download the Ibotta app.
- Unlock rebates: before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards by completing simple tasks (like watching short video clips, etc).
- Go shopping. Buy the products you’ve unlocked.
- Verify your purchases by pushing the green “verify purchases” button in the app. Snap a quick photo of your receipt… and you are done!
- Get cash. You will have your cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours. You can put your cash in your PayPal account, Venmo, or other fun gift cards.
Link a grocery store loyalty account:
- Sign up for IBOTTA (it’s free)
- Link your store loyalty account. Add your loyalty card number or associated phone number.
- Unlock rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards by completing simple tasks.
- Go shopping using your loyalty card or phone number at check out.
- Get cash. You’ll have the cash deposited in your IBOTTA account within 24 hours.
In App Purchases:
- Find & unlock mobileapps rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards.
- Launch app. Tap on the launch app button from the Ibotta app.
- Go shopping. Make a purchase within app. That’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation that the rebate is pending.
Right now you’ll get $10 for using my referral link PLUS $10 for downloading the free app!
Are you using Swagbucks? Swagbucks is heaven. You get rewarded for doing things online, that you are likely already doing. When I choose reward programs to work with, I try to focus on ones that don’t cramp my style. In other words, ones that reward me for things I’m already doing. AKA I don’t have to do anything different in my life to get them. This includes: shopping online, watching videos, and finding deals online. You earn points by doing these tasks and then you turn those points into rewards– gift cards to tons of different places or cash back using PayPal.
You can REGISTER for Swagbucks here.
Gain access to all of our money saving hacks by SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTER!