One of our favorite ways to save money is by using Amazon. Not only do we pocket extra cash, but it helps us cut back the amount of time we spend in the store. With our busy work schedules, that is a major win-win.
- Get deals with Amazon Prime (GET A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL HERE). In addition to getting free two day shipping, Amazon Prime members get lots of other great deals (access to: Prime Daily Deals, food delivery right to your door, free streaming of music, audio books, games, tv shows, and other discounts on every day products just for being a Prime member!)
- Subscribe and save. One of our favorite ways to save money on Amazon is to subscribe and save on certain products. Amazon offers a great discount if you subscribe to certain products and you can customize your settings– if you want the product once a month, every few months, etc. And of course, you can always opt out if you decide you no longer wish to subscribe to the product. It really is a no brainer.
- Get free Amazon gift cards using websites like Ebates and Swagbucks. An easy way to shave off extra savings (that you’re already getting using Amazon) is to take quick online surveys or perform other simple tasks for Amazon gift cards. With Ebates, we just do some of the shopping that we are already doing online for gift card rewards at Amazon. This has been a game changer for our budget!
- Get deals with Amazon Student (GET A FREE 6 MONTH TRIAL HERE) When we were students we LOVED taking advantage of Amazon Student. We were already buying a lot of our text books through Amazon, but to score free shipping plus all of the other benefits of Amazon Prime was amaza-za-zaing.
- Get deals with Amazon Family (free for 30 days HERE). Now that we have M, we are constantly hunting for the cheapest diapers, wipes, and other baby swag. Amazon Family offers the best consistent discounts on name brand diapers. Plus, when you pair it with gift cards that you earned from Swagbucks or Ebates, the prices just can’t be beat. There is literally no reason why you shouldn’t take advantage of a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL to see if you dig it.
- Use Amazon’s coupons. You can save a lot of money on Amazon by taking advantage of any of the coupons that Amazon is offering. You can find their coupsons HERE.
- Shop Amazon’s “Deal of the Day”. Amazon posts a daily deal on certain products and often at a crazy discount. Be sure to sneak a peak at Amazon’s deal of the day when you are doing your other shopping, just in case it is something that you were already planning on buying.
- Shop for deeply discounted “Add On” items. Add-on items are the bomb. Amazon sells tons of items that you would use every day (think toilet paper) at deep discounts. The only catch is that you have to spend $25 to qualify for the add on item, so just make sure you are buying it when you are doing your other shopping as well.
- Shop Amazon’s Warehouse deals. Occassionally Amazon will have an unbelievable deal from their Warehouse, so its good to check it out every now and then!
- Sell your stuff on Amazon’s market place. In addition to buying things on Amazon, you can save money by selling or trading in your stuff to Amazon’s market place. We’ve had some good luck with both. Amazon usually offers a lower number for taking your goods off your hands than you would get if you sold it on your own, but the convenience of it can’t be beat.
- Don’t buy the stuff in your cart right away. This does not work every time, but we have had some good luck leaving stuff in our cart. Amazon will remind us that it is in the cart, and sometimes offer it at a discount. It is certainly worth a try.
What are some of your favorite hacks for shopping on Amazon? We’d love to hear from you!