Mystery shopping. Have you heard of it?
We have a several little side hustles that we do to put extra money each month towards our student loans. One of my favorite things lately has been mystery shopping. AKA getting paid to shop. Ba da da da da I’m lovin it!
There are businesses that will pay you (and pay for the cost of your purchase) to do things like get your oil changed, try out a restaurant, etc.
It typically requires you to fill out some kind of survey sometimes before and always after your experience. Also requires you to keep receipts, among other things which are detailed out for you when you choose the shopping experience that you desire. <3 Best Mark will teach you about these things after you have officially been signed up and approved.
How to become a mystery shopper:
- Fill out an application at bestmark.com. You can also do a quick google search for other companies that offer mystery shopping. I have only ever used Best Mark and I LOVE them, but there are definitely other options out there that you might want to look into. A word of caution–beware of scammers. You should NEVER have to pay to become a mystery shopper. It should only work the other way around. When you open Best Mark, your page should look like this:
2. Click on “Become a Mystery Shopper” in the upper right corner.
3. Click “Sign Up Now”, and fill out your application either using your Facebook profile or entering in a valid email address. Your screen will then look like this, where you will enter in some basic information:
4. After you are finished getting through this initial information, click on “next step.” Best Mark will send you a confirmation email.
5. Open said email, and continue filling out personal information. It will only take a couple of minutes, I promise.
6. Click “Submit Application” and you are well on your way to becoming a mystery shopper!
I have LOVED this sneaky little way to make some extra cash. It isn’t a ton of money, you usually get paid $10-$50 per shop that you perform, but its excellent sidecash and its an excellent way to get paid for things that you already need. I’ve always been paid really quick (within a few days) and it has required me to exert almost no extra effort into my daily life. I only take “shops” that I would already need/want. For example, when I need an oil change or a tire rotation, I log in and look for those shops in my area, go get them, and get paid for it. Best. thing. ever.
Three cheers for mystery shopping! Have you tried it? What companies have you liked working for?